This Chinese vegetable soup is a clear soup with carrot and radish. The soup base is prepared from the chicken bone from scratch.
The recipe is divided into two sections. First, you need to prepare the soup stock with the bones. You can use the store-bought chicken stock if you are running out of time or wish for an easy way out. This option will lessen the workload by half, and shorten the preparation time to less than thirty minutes.
Here are the steps to prepare the Chinese vegetable soup.
( Please refer to the article for full details:
1 sweet corn
1 medium-sized carrot
1 medium-sized onion
200g of radish
Chicken bone from 2 chicken carcasses (or use pork bone)
1 1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of white pepper
water sufficient to submerge the bone
– Cut sweet corn into 5 to 6 portions, carrot and the radish into slices, and the onion into small pieces.
– Clean the chicken carcasses. Cut the bone into large pieces.
– Submerge the bones in cold water in a pot. Bring it to the boil. Remove the scum on the surface by using a small wire mesh strainer.
– Let the bone simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
– After 45 minutes, remove the bones by using a pair of tongs.
– Filter the stock to remove any unwanted debris.
– Add the carrots, radish, and sweet corn to the chicken stock.
– Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
– Add the onion into the chicken stock. Let it boil for another ten minutes.
– Season with salt and pepper.
#VegetableSoup #ChineseVegetableSoup #RadishSoup #CarrotSoup