Chicken Stew Recipe | Chicken Stew Comfort Food | Healthy Chicken Stew | Easy Chicken Stew Recipe | Chicken Stew Curry Recipe | Kerala Chicken Stew
Ingredients for Chicken Stew:
Chicken, curry cut pieces with bones- 500 gms
– Salt-3/4 tsp
– Crushed pepper- 1/2 tsp
– Onions, fine chopped- 2 nos.
– Dried red chilli, chopped- 1 no.
– Green chillies, chopped- 2 nos.
– Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
– Tomatoes, chopped- 2 medium
– Potatoes, diced- 2 medium
– Coconut milk- 200 ml
– Salt- 1/4 tsp
– Pepper powder- a pinch for seasoning
– Lemon juice- 1 tsp
– Coriander chopped- 2 tbsp
– Oil- 4 tbsp
– Marinate the chicken pieces with salt and crushed pepper. Set aside for 30 mins.
– Chop the onions, green chillies, dried red chillies, tomatoes and coriander leaves.
– Peel and dice the potatoes. Soak it in water to avoid darkening
– Prepare coconut milk or alternatively use store bought ready coconut milk.
– Heat oil in a kadai or pan and add chopped onions.
– Fry on medium heat for 3-4 mins till yellow (just soft) in color.
– Add the chopped green chillies & red chillies, mix & fry for a minute.
– Now add the ginger garlic paste, mix & fry for around 2 mins till the raw smell is gone.
– Add the marinated chicken pieces, mix well & fry on medium heat for around 5 mins till the chicken pieces are browned,
– Put in the diced potatoes & chopped tomatoes and mix well. Add in 1/4 tsp salt and mix it again.
– Cover & cook on low flame for around 3 mins till the tomatoes are soft.
– Now add in the coconut milk, mix well & cover and cook on low flame for around 15 mins or till chicken is soft.
– Once chicken is tender, season with a pinch of pepper and salt if required, add lemon juice & chopped coriander leaves.
– Mix well and simmer for a minute or two.
#chickenstew #chickenstewrecipe #keralachickenstew #healthychickenstew #chickenstewcomfortfood #spiceeats #spiceeatschicken #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschickencurry