How to Make this simple Italian favourite Caprese Salad using the freshest tomato, buffalo mozzarella & basil – hopefully picked straight from the garden – with my avocado twist!
Share this video on FACEBOOK: http://bit.ly/capresewithavocado
Get the recipe: http://bit.ly/capreserecipe
Check out my website for full recipes and to follow my blog: http://bit.ly/vincenzosplate
Subscribe to my YouTube channel! http://bit.ly/youtubeVP
Follow me on:
Instagram @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPinstagram
Tweet me! @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPTwitter
Also join this Incredible Google+ community:
“Italian Style Food Revolution” http://bit.ly/Italianstylefoodrevolution
CAPRESE SALAD WITH AVOCADO
1 x fresh tomato
1 x large buffalo mozzarella
1 x avocado
Dried mixed herbs
Extra virgin olive oil
1 x knife
1 x flat round plate for serving
1. Cut the centre of the tomato out from the top using a sharp knife.
2. Cut the Tomato and mozzarella into slices.
3. Place the slices of tomato on to the place starting on one side and layering a slice of mozzarella on each one.
4. Each slice of tomato you place, can overlap on the mozzarella next to it slightly.
5. Sprinkle some salt and dried mixed herbs over the top.
6. Cut the avocado through the middle, twist it and separate it from the stone in the middle.
7. Using the side of the avocado without the stone, gently peel off the skin and face it upside down on a chopping board.
8. Using a thin, sharp knife, make slits through the avocado, being careful not to slice all the way to the top and also not to make them too thin!
9. Gently lean the slices to the side so that it starts to look sort of like a flower.
10. Place this on the dish below the tomato and mozzarella.
11. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over the top of the tomato and mozzarella.
12. Add a good size bunch of basil to the centre of the dish or even individual leaves to each serving.
When you serve this, your guests can add the avocado to the side or put it on top themselves.
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
From the bottom of my heart I would like to thank this amazing team of creative professionals. They have been a part of this project from the beginning and have always supported Vincenzo’s Plate and the journey to bring the Taste of Italy into homes all around the world.
Production company: Fame Park Studios
Editor: Bill Way
Brand Manager: Suzanne Prosperi
Animation: Daniele Pignoli
Photographer: Bill Way
Web Designer: Stephanie Nasca
Music “Oktogon” and “Platos178 ok” are composed and performed by Walter Gaeta
Keywords: Vincenzosplate, Vincenzos Plate, Chef Vincenzo, Italian food, recipes, Food, Sydney, Australia, Italy, Italian, Pasta, Italian recipes
Watch the video recipe: http://youtu.be/hVeThK1aIpA