This Vegan Cajun White Beans and Rice recipe is an easy vegan dinner with authentic Cajun flavors that’s done in 30 minutes! In partnership with Success Rice.
Vegan Cajun White Beans and Rice
Nothing reminds me of home more than the aroma of a pot of Cajun beans simmering on the stove. Growing up in the bayous of Louisiana, beans and rice were nearly daily staples.
But beans and rice don’t have to be boring, y’all. These delicious Cajun White Beans and Rice will prove that to you!
This post is in partnership with Success Rice, who challenged me to develop a recipe inspired by where I’m from! This is a quick weeknight version of Cajun beans, so we’re using Success Rice Boil-in-Bag White Rice to get dinner on the table even faster.
How to Make this Cajun Beans and Rice Recipe
Traditionally, Cajun white beans and rice are made with dry beans. First, you’d soak the beans overnight. Then, the next day, you’d saute your vegetables down (for longer than you think), add your beans, and simmer for hours.
Thankfully, this recipe will allow you to enjoy the authentic flavors of Cajun white beans and rice in only 30 minutes!
To make these beans and rice an easy weeknight recipe, we’re using canned white beans and Success Boil-in-Bag White Rice, which gives us perfectly cooked rice in 10 minutes.
To start the recipe, you’ll get your Success Boil-in-Bag White Rice cooking. Then, you’ll saute your vegetables, add the beans and spics, and simmer for 15 minutes. That’s it!
How to Cook Beans in a Pressure Cooker
You can totally make these Cajun white beans in the pressure cooker. Here’s how to do it:
- First, use 1/2 pound dry Great northern beans or cannellini beans instead of canned beans.
- Also, increase liquid (water or vegetable broth) to 3 cups.
- To start the recipe, saute the vegetables in step #2 in the pressure cooker.
- Then, add the remaining ingredients and set the pressure cooker to 30 minutes on high.
Then, you can cook the Success Rice Boil-in-Bag White Rice while the beans are cooking in the pressure cooker!
More Vegan Cajun Recipes
If you’re a Louisiana native like me or you simply want to sample the flavors of the bayous, and you loved these Cajun white beans, I’ve got a few more vegan Cajun recipes you’ll love:
- Cajun Style Vegan Red Beans and Rice
- Classic Cajun Vegan Jambalaya (based on my grandpa’s award-winning recipe)
- Cajun Tempeh and Rice Skillet
Want more internationally-inspired recipes using Success Rice? Check out all these recipes!
Vegan Cajun White Beans and Rice
This Vegan Cajun White Beans and Rice recipe is an easy vegan dinner with authentic Cajun flavors that’s done in 30 minutes!
- 2 bags Success Rice Boil-in-Bag White Rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 15-ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cook Success Rice according to package directions.
- In a pot over medium heat, add oil. When hot, add onion. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring, until browned. Add celery and pepper; cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring, until tender. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients; stir. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves. Serve beans over rice with a sprinkle of parsley.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 374.1
- Sugar: 3.0
- Sodium: 575.7
- Fat: 7.7
- Saturated Fat: 1.2
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 61.8
- Fiber: 9.9
- Protein: 16.0
- Cholesterol: 0
Thanks to Success Rice for sponsoring this post! I love working with brands whose products I really love and would honestly recommend. Thank you for your support!
The post Cajun White Beans and Rice (vegan & gluten-free) appeared first on Emilie Eats.