These Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are a healthy keto and gluten-free appetizer or side dish that’s coated in a spicy, cheesy breading.
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ RECIPE BELOW ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
▢1 medium head cauliflower
▢2 large eggs
▢2 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
▢1/4 cup (25g) almond flour
▢1/4 cup (25g) finely ground Parmesan cheese
▢1 tsp garlic powder
▢1/2 tsp onion powder
▢1 tbsp (7g) smoked paprika
▢1/2 tsp sea salt and pepper – or to taste
▢1 cup (240ml) Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
▢1/4 cup (57g) butter, melted
🖨 PRINT RECIPE HERE:
Why This Recipe Works
This keto Buffalo cauliflower wings recipe is a crowd-pleasing, dippable snack for game day or any occasion. Dunk them in keto Spicy Ranch Dip for a truly winning combination.
– There’s no deep-fat frying, since the buffalo cauliflower wings are baked, not fried. If you prefer baking to frying, you’ll also love these Baked Parmesan Chicken Cutlets.
– This recipe is low-carb and vegetarian, but so full of flavor, you won’t miss the chicken wings. But if you do, you might want to try these Garlic Butter Chicken Bites with Lemon Asparagus.
– It’s easy to mix up the flavors with your favorite herbs and spices in the breading.
– You can also adapt this recipe to be dairy-free by omitting the cheese. In that case, serve the easy buffalo cauliflower bites with Tahini Sauce
What Goes into this Easy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites Recipe
Here’s what you need to make these vegetarian buffalo cauliflower wings:
– A large head of cauliflower. You’ll cut this into large florets for the vegetarian “wings”. For best results, cut them as equal in size as possible so they cook evenly.
– Eggs. These help the keto cheese coating stick to the wings.
– Olive oil. Use this to coat the cauliflower wings so they crisp up nicely.
– Almond flour. This is a great keto-friendly flour substitute. It has a nice nutty flavor and crisps up to golden brown in the oven.
– Parmesan cheese. You can omit this for dairy-free cauliflower bites. Or substitute with another grated cheese, like Grana Padano or pecorino romano.
– Garlic and onion powder. These are part of the classic flavors of buffalo wings. But if you’d like to switch up the seasonings, feel free to experiment with cumin, mustard, Cajun seasoning, or any other dried spices or blends you love.
– Paprika. This adds a hint of smoky, spicy flavor to the wings.
– Butter. Melt the butter for the Buffalo sauce to coat the wings. If you’d like to make dairy-free buffalo cauliflower wings, you can use melted vegan butter.
– Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. For less spice, you can use regular tomato puree instead of hot sauce.
– Other spices, like ground cumin, ground mustard, or Cajun seasoning will be great in this easy buffalo cauliflower bites recipe.
– Buffalo sauce. You can use store-bought, just make sure it’s keto compliant. Otherwise, make a simple two-ingredient buffalo sauce with a clean hot sauce like Frank’s and melted butter, as in the recipe.
– You can make your wings less spicy by substituting the hot sauce for tomato passata (homemade if you want to). For just a hint of spice, add a dash of cayenne pepper and adjust to your preferred level of spiciness.
– Swap out the parmesan cheese for finely-grated grana padano or pecorino romano. You can also skip the cheese or substitute nutritional yeast for a dairy-free version with some cheesy flavor.
– Use another flour, such as all-purpose (if you’re not keto) or cornstarch for crispiness without almond flour.
– Toss the cauliflower with the beaten eggs very very well. The pieces of cauliflower should be evenly coated with the egg for the dry ingredients to adhere.
– When you transfer the egg-coated florets to the large Ziploc bag, discard the beaten eggs left on the bottom of the bowl. If the florets have too much moisture, they won’t get that nice crunch when baked.
– These are great on the grill too! Make sure the pieces of cauliflower aren’t too big, which makes it difficult to cook all the way through, nor too small. Otherwise, they’ll burn easily. Around 2.5-inch/6cm size florets should work best. To grill your buffalo cauliflower wings, heat a grill pan or outside grill to medium heat. Grill the coated florets until grill marks appear, about 10-12 minutes, flipping them occasionally. During the last 2-3 minutes, baste the buffalo sauce over.
Follow for more healthy and delicious recipes: