Ashgourd cooked in a coconut paste and when tempered with a coconut oil tempering, is a
simple veggie made amazing.
400 grams ash gourd (petha), peeled, deseeded and cut into 1 inch cubes
Salt to taste
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ cup whisked yogurt
½ cup scraped fresh coconut
1 inch ginger, roughly chopped
2-3 green chillies, slit
2 tbsps soaked Bengal gram (chana dal)
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tbsps coconut oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dried red chillies, diagonally halved
10-12 madras onions, thinly sliced
1. Put the ash gourd cubes in an earthen pot. Add 2 cups water, and salt and mix well. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or till done.
2. To make the paste, put coconut in a mixer jar. Add ginger, green chillies, soaked Bengal gram, cumin seeds and ½ cup water and grind to a fine paste.
3. Transfer the paste into the ash gourd mixture and mix well. Let the mixture come to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low, add yogurt and mix well. Add water, mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. To make the tempering, heat coconut oil in another pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add dried red chillies and madras onions and sauté till translucent. Immediately pour this into the kadhi and mix well.
6. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot.
Click to Subscribe:
For more recipes :
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here :
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on :
#SanjeevKapoor #ashgourdkadhi #kadhirecipe #kadhi
sanjeev kapoor sanjeev kapoor recipe sanjeev kapoor recipes khana khazana chef sanjeev kapoor khana khazana recipes masterchef sanjeev kapoor indian recipes master chef indian food recipes ash gourd kadhi ashgourd kadhi petha kadhi Kohlyachi Kadhi ash gourd recipe ash gourd curry petha recipe petha ki kadhi ash gourd k recipe पेठे की कढ़ी healthy kadhi healthy kadhi recipe healthy recipe kadhi recipe kadhi recipes healthy indian recipes