Check out one of my favorite side dishes; german potato salad with bacon! This is my take on a traditional German potato salad, and this delicious warm German potato salad is a amazing and easy side dish for any cookout. Please add this tutorial on how to make German potato salad this to your list of gluten free potato recipes too!
• 4-5 russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1 ½ inch cubes
• 1 medium onion, cut into long strips
• 5-10 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 lb bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
• 4 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp Chef Ange Base Seasoning –
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tsp Italian seasoning
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
• Salt & fresh ground black pepper
• 2 tbsp honey
• scallion greens, thinly slice (for garnish)
• fresh parsley, finely chopped (for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 375F with convection setting on. (385-395F if no convection setting available)
2. Soak cut peeled and cut potatoes in a bowl of cold water for 10-20 minutes to remove excess starch. Drain and rinse.
3. In a large bowl, season potatoes with olive oil, Chef Ange Base Seasoning – smoked paprika, Italian seasoning. Mix to evenly coat and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
4. While potatoes are in oven, heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add bacon pieces. Cook until bacon is brown and crispy and remove with a slotted spoon, keeping rendered bacon fat in pan. Set crispy bacon aside.
5. Add onion to pan with bacon fat and cook for 5-7 minutes or until soft and beginning to brown, Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant.
6. Add apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, whole grain mustard, honey, salt & pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes for flavors to come together and remove from heat and set aside.
7. Remove potatoes from oven, carefully toss with a spatula and return to oven for another 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
8. In a large bowl, mix crispy potatoes, onion mixture, most of the crispy bacon pieces (reserve some for garnish), and a pinch of fresh chopped parsley. Mix to coat and transfer to serving bowl.
9. Garnish with another pinch of fresh chopped parsley, the rest of the crispy bacon, and thinly sliced scallion greens.
• Shure MV7 USB Podcast Microphone for Podcasting, Recording, Live Streaming & Gaming, Built-in Headphone Output, All Metal USB/XLR Dynamic Mic, Voice-Isolating Technology, TeamSpeak Certified – Black –
• Panasonic HC-WXF1 4K Cinema-like Camcorder, 24x Leica Dicomar Lens, 1/2.5″ Bsi Sensor, Three O.I.S. Stabilizer Systems –
Don’t forget to click SUBSCRIBE and click the NOTIFICATION BELL to see when my newest video drops! New easy recipes, cooking tips and super important kitchen skills videos every week!
If you liked watching this video, please leave a COMMENT, click LIKE and SHARE on your social accounts! It’s the nicest thing you can do to say thank you to me for making these videos!
Hi, I’m Chef Ange, a self-taught cooking nerd who has been learning how to cook over the past decade by burning stuff, cutting my fingers, and occasionally making amazing dinners for my family and friends. I became a home chef after a long and successful career in sports and fitness training so most of the food I cook is healthy(er) but I love my chicken wings, have a pizza night regularly and can’t say no to a mouthwatering cheeseburger! SUBSCRIBE to my channel so you can learn to cook so you can lose weight and be healthy while eating delicious and tasty food with my easy-to-follow recipes, skills and tips! Let’s get cooking!
#potato salad #chefange #cooking #recipes #food #easyrecipes #howtocook #homecooking #cookingshow #learntocook #cookingtips #healthy #dinner #mealprep #loseweight #keto #lunch