This is not oat grain or meal. Oat fiber is the hull, hulk or outer shell of the oat grain. It is pure insoluble fiber with zero calories. Oat fiber is 100% keto friendly.
A keto yogurt bread that tastes mildly tangy with crispy crust, tender crumbs (as yogurt makes the bread soft) and crispy when toasted.
The recipe can be viewed and printed at this link;
[Total servings = 18]
NUTRITION INFO PER SERVING
Total Carb = 4.8 g
Dietary Fiber = 3.4 g
Net Carb = 1.4 g
Calories = 53
Total Fat = 3 g
Protein = 3.5 g
Oat Fiber Powder = 120 g / 1 cup (I used NuNaturals)
Finely Ground Golden Flaxseed = 120 g / 1 cup
Baking Powder = 16 g / 4 tsp
Salt = 4 g / 1 tsp
Whole Psyllium Husks = 27 g / 3 tbsp (Note: The psyllium husks must be ground until half its original volume before using. Please watch this video about psyllium husk and powder for better understanding and success –
Egg White Options:
1. Fresh Egg Whites = 6 large (210 g) (room temperature)
2. Liquid egg white in cartons = 210 g
3. Egg White Powder = 37.5 g + 210 ml room temperature water (This is to reconstitute the egg white powder. If using fresh or liquid egg whites, please omit this water. You can add the egg white powder to the dry ingredients and water to the wet ingredients)
Apple Cider Vinegar = 45 ml / 3 tbsp
Unsweetened Plain or Greek Yogurt = 280 g / 1 cup + 2 1/2 tbsp (room temperature)
Instant or rapid rise yeast = 16 g / 4 tsp
Sugar/allulose/inulin = A pinch
Very warm water = 120 ml / 1/2 cup (At 113 to 122 F OR 45 to 50 C temperature. This temperature WILL NOT kill the yeast. It is actually very conducive to wake up the yeast from its dormant state and get to work)
1. Preheat the oven at 210 F or 100 C.
2. Add all the ingredients for the yeast mixture into a bowl. Mix to combine then set aside. This step is to check the condition of the yeast. If there are a lot of bubbling and foaming, then the yeasts are good. If not, please change to a new batch.
3. In another bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together until well combined. Remember that if you are using egg white powder, add it into these dry ingredients.
4. Add all the wet ingredients (including the yeast mixture) and mix to combine. If you are using egg white powder, remember to add the room temperature water into these wet ingredients.
5. The dough is moderately firm and sticky. Wet your hands for easier handling.
6. I used a 7 1/2-inch round and tall pan (non-stick) lightly greased and lined with parchment paper at the bottom. It is important to use a suitable pan for yeast bread. The pan should be narrow and tall. If the pan is too big, the dough will spread sideways to fill up the gaps and you will end up with a big but flat bread.
7. Transfer the dough into the pan. Sprinkle with some oat fiber powder to prevent the towel from sticking to the dough.
8. Cover loosely with a towel and proof at a warm area for about 25 minutes or until it is well risen. Here’s a tip to create a warm area – turn on the stove fire for a while then turn it off. Place the pan with dough on a baking tray and let it sit on the warmed-up stove. Leave the hood lights on. This warmth helps to proof the dough quite quickly. And you can reheat the stove midway to warm up the area again. You can also proof the dough in a preheated oven at 210F or 100C with a dish of boiling water for about 30 minutes or until well risen.
9. Once the dough has risen nicely, make a few cuts and sprinkle with a tsp of arrowroot powder. This gives a nice rustic look, but it is optional.
10. Bake in the oven for 60 minutes. Increase the oven heat to 350F or 180C. The dough will continue to rise as the heat increases in the oven until a certain point the yeast will die off.
11. Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
12. This bread can be kept at room temperature for a few days if you have a cool and dry climate. Otherwise, it’s better to refrigerate earlier for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Link to purchase my books;
Click this link to purchase in e-book format via payhip;
1. “The Ultimate Keto Bread Recipes”
Contains 200 pages of great content with important tips and tutorials for 61 non-vegan & 12 vegan keto bread recipes.
2. “The Ultimate Low Carb / Keto Cake Recipes”
Contains 182 pages of great content with important tips and tutorials for 83 easy to bake guilt free cake recipes.
Click this link to purchase in Kindel, Paperback and Hardcover formats via Amazon;
1. “The Ultimate Keto Bread Recipes”
2. “The Ultimate Low Carb/Keto Cake Recipes”
PLEASE NOTE THAT UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THIS VIDEO, SECOND EDIT AND RE-UPLOAD IS PROHIBITED.
1. PLEASE SET THE CAPTIONS TO YOUR CHOICE OF LANGUAGE. CLICK SETTINGS (GEAR ICON) AT THE BOTTOM OF THE VIDEO, CLICK SUBSITILES/CC, CLICK AUTO TRANSLATE THEN SELECT THE LANGUAGE.IF YOUR LANGUAGE DO NOT APPEAR, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENT. THIS AUTO TRANSLATE FUNCTION WORKS BETTER ON DESKTOP COMPUTERS THAN MOBILE PHONES.
2. PLEASE SEE THE DESCRIPTION BOX BELOW VIDEO (CLICK DOWN ARROW ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE, BESIDE THE VIDEO TITLE AND SCROLL DOWN) FOR THE FULL WRITTEN RECIPE, LINK TO PRINT RECIPE, NUTRITION INFO AND OTHER RELEVANT DETAILS. THANK YOU !
Could I use sour cream instead of yogurt?
How tall for the pan? I have a 7.5” x about 3” pan. Will that work?
That's a beautiful recipe, thank you again for sharing this with us. I look forward to making it
Looks VERY spongy so not wasting time or money on this one
Looks really great. I’m wondering if you could create those two ingredient bagels with yogurt. Every time I try, I don’t have success
Waow Elsie,this looks out of this world beautiful….for sure it’s a must try.
I will try to make it this week. I still have to try your vanilla cake . I had a busy weekend & another busy one coming up. So let’s see 😊but definitely I’m gonna make them both very very soon & will let u know❤
Is it necessary to add the baking powder ?
Every time I see a recipe with 6 eggs/ whites I click away 😂. It’s simply not worth the expense however delicious it looks. Other than that, I love many of these recipes.
I can't wait to try this! I get so excited about your recipes. Is it sticky because of the flax?
Por favor por qué puedo sustituir la fibra de avena?
Wow elsie,i will make that today, soooo amazing!!!!! You are the best!!! Many greetings and big hugh ,yours Edith from Frankfurt 😀
This bread looks delicious……..Thanks Elsie for another great recipe. 🤩💕
Is this gf?
Expensive recipe 💔
❤️🌹I do love all your recipes, but I have a mold of 7 inches and a height of more than 3 inches. Is this suitable for the recipe?