Which anti-diabetes foods have close to no carbs and no sugar?
► ► FREE BOOK + COOKBOOK + DOCUMENTARY:
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS:
We want to keep making informative research-based videos for you. So if you got value from this video and would like more of it, you can send us a ‘Super Thanks’ by clicking the Thanks button at the bottom of the video. We would greatly appreciate it. Thank you! 🙂
Which 8 foods with basically zero carbs / zero sugar still contain beneficial, diabetes-fighting nutrients?
1) Feta cheese is practically free from carb content, and it is considered an excellent choice for diabetics, as it is a great source of PROTEIN, MONOUNSATURATED FATTY ACIDS, and PROBIOTICS.
2) Grass-fed beef contain higher levels of beneficial nutrients, and less calories, fat and sugar, than grain-fed beef, and it is also free from carbs and sugar. And it’s an excellent source of protein and OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS, which reduce inflammation, improve insulin sensitivity, and reduce triglycerides.
3) Black coffee has been found to aid the body in producing insulin more efficiently, thanks to its supply of CAFFEINE, which can increase the production of GLUCOSE TRANSPORTERS in muscle cells. This allows insulin to work more effectively, which works to reduce blood sugar levels.
4) Eggs are practically free from any carbs, and they contain zero sugar, but they are an excellent source of glucose-stabilizing protein. They are also an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to decrease triglycerides and harmful LDL cholesterol, while also helping improve long-term blood glucose control.
5) Chicken is a lean protein choice that is also free from carbs and sugar. Eating lean protein reduces the body’s release of GHRELIN – a hormone which makes you feel hungry. At the same time, it increases the body’s release of AMYLIN – a hormone which makes you feel full.
6) Thanks to its fermentation process, apple cider vinegar contains ACETIC ACID, which improves the body’s ability to metabolize fats and carbohydrates. Studies show that ACV can reduce the rise of blood sugar after eating, decrease insulin resistance, and it helps to reduce total cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
7) Wild-caught salmon supplies OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS, which helps reduce inflammation while improving insulin sensitivity. It also includes blood sugar-balancing B VITAMINS – like COBALAMIN, NIACIN, PYRIDOXINE, and THIAMINE, plus MAGNESIUM, POTASSIUM, and SELENIUM.
8) Bone broth contains a vast assortment of antioxidant vitamins and minerals, including CALCIUM, MAGNESIUM, PHOSPHORUS, and POTASSIUM. Bone broth is also rich in COLLAGEN, which may aid joint and muscle health.