Looking for plant-based dinner ideas? Try one of these 30 High Protein Vegan Dinners to keep you satisfied and find your new go-to weeknight meals.
“Where do you get your protein?” Ah, the questions that all vegans (or people who are eating more plants) will inevitably get at some point…usually many, many times. I actually don’t get this question as often as I used to because everyone around me is familiar with the way I eat, but if you’re at the beginning of your journey towards eating more plants, get ready for the protein question.
Truth is, we don’t need as much protein as the diet or fitness industry would have us believe. The DRI (Dietary Reference Intake) is 0.8 grams per kilogram of bodyweight. For me, that comes out to about 45 grams per day. Not even close to the 100+ grams recommended to me by “fitness buffs.”
Of course, you still need to make sure to get enough protein when you’re eating fully or just more plant-powered. If you’re eating a wide variety of beans, whole grains, vegetables, nuts and seeds (and eating enough calories), you’re probably already getting enough protein!
These high protein vegan dinners are full of plant protein to keep you satisfied and to keep your muscles happy! They’ll also teach you new ways to cook high-protein plant foods like beans and soy. Get creative and try a few!
1. Teriyaki Tempeh Lettuce Wraps
2. Black Bean Buddha Bowl with Avocado Pesto
3. Cajun-Style Red Beans & Rice
4. The Ultimate Vegan Protein Burrito by Blissful Basil
5. Peanutty Quinoa Bowls by Oh My Veggies
6. Sun-dried Tomato, Mushroom and Spinach Quiche by Oh She Glows
7. Vegan Stuffed Peppers by Minimalist Baker
8. Pea and Carrot Soba Noodles by Cookie & Kate
9. Tuscan Kale and Lentil Soup by The Healthy Maven
10. Lentil Loaf with a Maple Glaze by Eating Bird Food
11. Quinoa Veggie Black Bean Burgers
12. White Bean Green Chili Enchiladas
13. Chipotle Tofu Burrito
14. Crispy Tofu Vegan Caesar Salad
15. White Bean Soup with Orzo
16. Cheesy Chickpea Broccoli Rice Casserole
17. Vegan Enchilada Casserole
18. Vegan Chicken and Waffles
19. Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
20. 30 Minute Vegan Peanut Butter Noodles
21. Fluffy Chickpea Pancakes
22. Vegan Falafel Waffles
23. BBQ Lentil Sloppy Joes
24. Vegan Sweet and Sour Chickpeas
25. Classic Cajun Jambalaya
26. Mini Mexican Sloppy Joes
27. Vegan Quesadilla with Hummus
28. Smoky Wild Rice Mushroom Veggie Burgers
29. Teriyaki Tofu Meal Prep
30. Teriyaki Tempeh and Vegetables
The post 30 High Protein Vegan Dinners appeared first on Emilie Eats.